Inside the Internship: An Introduction
November 9th, 2011
UVA students intern in so many diverse areas, from international development agencies to green investment firms to social justice advocacy groups. Some find opportunities through family friends and community connections, but many also find their internships through career fairs, UVA alumni, and online research. For the next couple of months, we will be highlighting a few UVA student internship experiences to give you a sense of what an internship looks like. We will feature a wide variety of intern stories, from political organizations to organic farms. Stay tuned in the coming weeks!
For those of you who are ready to get started now, here’s a starting place for any student (no, you don’t have to be a Third Year) who is ready to get out there and DO SOMETHING.
- Explore our internship pages to learn why an internship is essential for your career success
- Make a CAVLink account to view internship postings specifically for UVA students
- Sign in to MyUCS to view industry-specific internship sites and networking tools
- Register for an Essential Internship Tour led by one of our peer educators
- Bring a resume draft to our Walk-In Hours, held each weekday from 1-3 at our office in Bryant Hall
If you have questions about internship resources or want to make an appointment to discuss your search, email the Assistant Director for Experiential Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.