Diversity Career Day
Diversity Career Day attracts over 150 corporations, non-profit organizations, and government agencies seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to meet employers in person, learn about different organizations and positions, and talk with them about your experiences. DCD is the perfect place to make a good first impression and start networking your way to a career!
Diversity Career Day is open to all students at colleges and universities throughout Virginia and Washington DC. This regional recruiting event typically attracts more than 1200 students from all majors looking for full-time and internship opportunities. All students are welcome!
Students are not required to pre-register and can simply check-in at the registration desk when they arrive.
Diversity Career Day is generously sponsored by Enterprise Holdings.
Diversity Career Day (DCD) will be held at John Paul Jones Arena.
Students from other schools: Contact your Career Services office for transportation information.
Think this event is not for you?
All students are welcome! There are many types of diversity - race, gender, class, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, international experience, language, culture, color, beliefs, interests, major, age, background, perspective - you name it!
Ways To Prepare
- Students are encouraged to research companies of interest by reading their job descriptions and visiting their Web sites. View company listings.
- You may also view companies that have attended this event in the past.
- Read the UCS handout on Navigating a Career Fair
- Prepare a 30-second personal introduction to highlight the skills and knowledge you are building and your areas of interest.
- Don't forget to bring copies of your resume.
- Have UCS critique your resume during our walk-in hours. UCS offers walk-in hours and appointments Monday-Friday; please click here for more details.
- Attire is business professional. Suits are recommended.
- Watch the Preparing for DCD video explaining how to search through company listings.
- UVa Students: Attend a Career Fairs 101 workshop presented by a UCS Career Peer Educator. Pre-registration required. Check the UCS Calendar for dates/times. Workshops will run daily October 10th - 23rd.
Did You Know…
- You can't find everything online or in books; people are your best sources of information.
- Direct one-to-one contact with people, preferably face to face, is by far the most effective way to get a job or internship.
- Attending a career fair is a great way to start networking. Through these interactions, you'll find the information you need to make informed career decisions.
- Last year, over 1,200 students from U.Va. and 30 other schools attended Diversity Career Day —don’t miss out!