Spring Job & Internship Fair
The Spring Job & Internship Fair brings recruiters from over 100 corporations, non-profit organizations, and government agencies to U.Va. to meet students from all majors seeking full-time employment or internship experience. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to meet employers in person, learn about different organizations and positions, and talk with them about your experiences!
Students are not required to pre-register and can simply check-in at the registration desk when they arrive.
RECRUITERS: Please click here.
Currently, there are no sponsors of the Spring Job and Internship Fair.
Ways To Prepare
- UVa Students: Attend a Career Fairs 101 workshop presented by a UCS Career Peer Educator. Pre-registration required. Check the UCS Calendar for dates/times. Workshops dates will be announced prior to the fair.
- Students are encouraged to research companies of interest by reading their job descriptions and visiting their Web sites. View company listings.
- You may also view companies that have attended this event in the past.
- Read the UCS handout on Navigating a Career Fair
- Prepare a 30-second personal introduction to highlight the skills and knowledge you are building and your areas of interest.
- Don't forget to bring copies of your resume.
- Have UCS critique your resume during our walk-in hours. UCS offers walk-in hours and appointments Monday-Friday; please click here for more details.
- Attire is business professional. Suits are recommended.
Did You Know…
- You can't find everything online or in books; people are your best sources of information.
- Direct one-to-one contact with people, preferably face to face, is by far the most effective way to get a job or internship.
- Attending a career fair is a great way to start networking. Through these interactions, you'll find the information you need to make informed career decisions.